Montag, 10. Mai 2010

Be sensible!!, (That’s an order, you morons!)

Learn about your senses and their interplay! Touch, sight, taste- learn to heighten them from experience: taste the widest variety of foods and drink (even poisons), of smell and sound, school your aesthetic perception via style, art, bird-watching or hunting; learn to concentrate on a specific one and to shut out the others, mix them and study how they merge and reciprocate. The fruits of such practices can not be over-stated. Maybe you’ll even gain a certain kind of illumination that could serve as a stepping-stone for further studies but at the worst you’ll know more about the world you are living in, know more about yourself than before. (Esp. recommended for assassins, neophyte-mystics and art dealers.)

3 Kommentare:

Lisa hat gesagt…

I decided that 2010 would be the year that I try seafood! I've never been a fan, with the exception of calamari and crabcakes (they're seasoned and fried up and you can't tell what you're eating).

v. Braun. hat gesagt…

That makes sense, my friend, you would probably be fond of sweats, ice cream, éclairs and that sort of thing...? (if my clairvoyant abilities don't betray me ;))..

I myself like seafood a lot even 'raw' as in Japanese sashimi...but I do enjoy all kinds of food that's right, maybe also because I have been introduced to a wide range at a relatively young age...

Trying new things is good, yet, if you don't like them, then maybe your body doesn't need them, anyway. My great grand-aunt for example hardly ever ate vegetables or fruits but then, in late summer and autumn, when the trees in her gardens supplied her amply with them, she ate hardly anything but fruits, that old crazy dame, and she lived well over 95!

Lisa hat gesagt…

Oh yes, I'm very fond of sweets! I can't eat candy the way I used to, but I will indulge from time to time!

I had some sushi for the first time last night - it was delicious! :-D