Samstag, 30. Oktober 2010

Playing Hooky or hookey or Hockey?

In my schooldays I was the most proficient in not attending class. Not wanting to boast but I think that I was the best in the whole city of Vienna, in this discipline, then! Instead I often went to some Kaffeehaus. The Hawelka as is depicted here (with the old owner, the old Hawelka) wasn't one of my major hang-outs then, but now and again I paid it a visit, too. Then, in the late 80s the ol guy still used to serve us personally in the morning with a nice warm coffee, a Melange, and Powidltatschgerl (some dough-bakery-intricacy fílled with plum 'marmalade', actually not marmalade but something else that would take me two pages to explain).. Anyway, old Mr. H. has bequeathed his café to his son and grand sons already but he still turns up now and then, I heard...

4 Kommentare:

Laguna Beach Fogey hat gesagt…

Ich mag diese Foto. Was war Ihr Gesprach, im Hawelka?

v. Braun. hat gesagt…

When I went there, (the time I am talking about here) I was maybe 15 yrs old, so I can hardly remember what exactly we were talking about then. It certainly wasn't anything too intellectual....;)

Unknown hat gesagt…

I, too, have been served by the old Hawelka. Such a sweet little place.

v. Braun. hat gesagt…

alois: absolutely, quite charming, indeed; and let us not forget their famed 'Buchteln', either!!